Question
Posted by: Mommy of 1 | 2018/05/17

Could I be pregnant?

Hi. My last period was on 10 April 2018. My period usually last 5 days, but my last period was like 2 & a half days full period and 2 & a half days brown discharge. I was feeling very tired before my period, light headed, bloated and windy, irritable and emotional. Went to the doctor on 26 April 2018 and he drew blood to test my sugar and iron. I went back on 30 April to which the doctor said I have a low iron count and gave me a 6 month subscription for Chelo-fer 24mg. I have been drinking it, but still feel tired and heavy bloated and windy. I'm now 10 days late on my period, but have heavy cramping every morning which seems to go away as the day goes by. I did 2 pregnancy tests (1 on 13 May and 1 on 15 May) which came back negative.

- 2018/05/21

If the pregnancy tests were negative it is unlikely that you are pregnant. Hormone imbalances, cysts, stress, changes in diet can all affect periods. It can take several weeks of iron before you feel better. I would suggest that you see a  gynae to assess why you have missed a period.