Question
Posted by: Johan | 2020/02/25

Constant sore feet

I've had Gillion Bare syndrome four years back. I was completely paralyzed from above my eyes to my feet. I have recovered, but still have very weak feet and cannot move my big toe. my feet is constantly paining and almost like flickering pains shoot through my feet especially during the night. My feet is very sensitive on the bottom and when stepping bare feet on the smallest thing, it feels like glass, I'm stepping on. Any advice please

- 2020/03/03

Hi Johan

This can be some of the 'after-effects' of Guillain-Barre syndrome. What could help is Vit B, especially Vit B6 (Pyridoxine), which helps with the treatment of peripheral neuropathy (and it sounds as if you could be experiencing peripheral neuropathy). It is a supplement that is available over the counter. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.