Question
Posted by: | 2018/02/01

Clit odor

I’m a teen & have a slight musky sweaty odor down there. Not the vagina but more of the labia & area around the clit. I wash regularly & it’ll only go away for a couple hours & then come back. What can I do to get rid of it complete ??

- 2019/08/23

The truth is that most women's natural vaginal scent is normal and your genital area does not need to smell like that field of flowers on the box of feminine deodorant spray. 

The combination of fluid and bacteria that make up the vaginal discharge can, at times, emit certain odors. The female genitalia will automatically get a not-so-fresh feeling after a couple of hours. To minimize the natural smell of your genital area, change clothes after exercising and wear breathable fabrics.

Douching is never indicated for vaginal odor or any other reason. It only further changes the bacterial content and can spread infection. If you are concerned about your odor, but have no other symptoms, you may first try increasing your water intake and cutting out any odorous foods. For proper hygiene, clean the external area of your vagina (vulva and labia) with a mild soap.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2018/02/01

I think your ph balance is a bit of can be hormonal imbalance as well. My suggestion is to go and confide in your mom and ask her to take you either to a female gynaecologist or female gp.