Question
Posted by: | 2020/06/24

Chronic lower back pain which radiates into legs especially left side when walking

Above problem started 8 months ago. 46 year old female, slightly overweight. Ran 21 km marathon last year but was fine after because trained . Been running for 3 years. Suspect pain started after a yoga class. xrays and MRI are clear. Have seen Chiro, Physio, neurologist and orthopedic. Even cortisone injection has not helped. Please help as its debilitating and affecting my life

- 2020/06/26

If the pain started after a yoga class, then it is very possible that it is either muscular in origin, or inflammation/irritation of the sciatic nerve, the large nerve running down both legs. One will not necessarily see anything on x ray or MRI if this is the case - but I am sure the specialists that you have seen would have considered the options that I mentioned above. Except if there is something else that is causing the pain, originating in the lower abdomen, such as the uterus, ovaries, bladder or colon - and causing referred pain to the lower back and legs. It is worth making sure that there is nothing else wrong. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.