Question
Posted by: Dafna | 2019/09/11

Cervical Mucinous Adenocarcinoma, Endocervical Type

a 50-year-old female, who was diagnosed with recurrent cervix-uteri adenocarcinoma mucinous. She was first diagnosed in April 2018 with cervix-uteri adenocarcinoma, stage IIb, and underwent hysteroscopic polypectomy and conization of the cervix, and treated with brachytherapy, radiation, and cisplatin. She completed treatment with no pathological findings. The patient underwent - on April 2019 - laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, and a pathological evaluation confirmed adenocarcinoma mucinous at the cervix, isthmus, uterine wall, both fallopian tubes, both ovaries, with vascular and neural invasion; Fibro-fatty tissue involved by endocervical adenocarcinoma of posterior parametrium nodule. The patient is treated with taxol and Carboplatin, Bevacizumab and Pembrolizumab. Since this is a rare condition- I would like to know if you treated similar cases? Are you aware of any innovative treatments that might benefit the patient with regards to her cancer? And for monitoring and prevention of an additional recurrence? Thank you so much in advance,

- 2019/09/13

This is a very specialised case and I'm afraid I have not experience of it. Gynae oncologists would be the best people to determine further management.