Question
Posted by: | 2019/04/21

Car crash Pain and pain relief?

n good. I am trying to find more healthy and viable ways to relieve her pain as we wait to find a surgeon for her back. She has to bite through the pain most days while taking over the counter pain killers and ant inflammatory meds and drinking when it becomes to hard. When none of those work we usually have to take her to the hospital to get shots which get denied half the time by doctors who think she is faking the pain. Is there anything we can do different? The doctors here either think she is faking the pain or outright turning her down. I personally want to remove her reliance on alcohol as it is putting huge stress on the family as well.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones
- 2019/04/23

Chronic pain is one of the hardest things to manage successfully and I suggest you contact a pain clinic in your area. Any strong painkillers does not mix well with al alcohol. You need to find a pain expert - usually an anaesthetist who specializes in pain management. Ask your GP for a referral