Question
Posted by: | 2018/10/13

Candida and sex

Hi. I struggle with candida. I am already using soap free soap and cotton underwear. It affects my sex life and it hurts inside and outside during sex. I sometimes burn afterwards and bleeds a bid. I've been to two gynecologist, the first suggesting the soap free soap and the second didn't help me either. I am on Yaz at the moment. What can it be? Can any std cause it? What can I do?

- 2018/10/15

You could have a swab taken and sent to the lab to be sure that it is Candida. Other things you could do are treat your partner, wash underwear and towels separately, wash panties in boiling water as the high temperature kills the spores. You could also check for diabetes and HIV which are risk factors.  And you could use Canesten each month before your period as this is a vulnerable time.