Question
Posted by: Tyler | 2019/05/24

Can you help me with my diet and goal of losing weight quickly?

My question may or may not be very complex, but long nonetheless. Over the past 3 days, I have restricted my diet to coffee in the morning, my Herbalife shake (with vitamins) for lunch and a low carb, low calorie dinner (1 chicken breast, side of broccoli, may include 2-3 boiled eggs) so I'm totaling around 650-700 calories per day. Now I'm a 6'1" 260lb male so this is something that new to me, however, I'd like to lose weight at a fast rate. I've done research on the ketogenic diet and even joined a group on Facebook to help out, however, I'm 100% sure i'm not getting enough fat for that diet so I don't believe that will exactly work for me. I've been drinking lots of water in the process (around 8- 16.9oz bottles per day) Am I setting myself up for health problems if I continue? I've seen folks losing 20-30 pounds per month and I'd like to do that myself but I want to make sure I'm on the right track.

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2019/07/08

Hi Tyler 

Your regime as described is more nutritionallly balanced that the Ketogenic diet The Ketogenic diet is difficult to follow in the long term and can have health consequences The amount people lose is individual depending on age gender genetics and activity levels 10 to 15 kg per month loss also includes water and not only fat. You can increase your vegetables at night and leave the eggs this will get you to lose more weight All vegetables are low in calories while proteins are high Should you get stuck you can contact a dietitiacin in your are www.adsa.org.za