Question
Posted by: | 2019/03/15

Can linctagon c be taken long term?

I need to manage my sons allergy......if it is not managed it results in asthma when playing sport. I have been using allerway 5 tablets and flomist nasal spray successfully. He may no longer take tablets into the boarding house at school so I am looking for an effervescent alternative for the allergy management.....

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2019/03/28

Linctogen is a soothing cough mixture but has no therapeutic value in asthma. Your son should have the Flomist nasal spray and a preventer asthma inhaler, for example Symbicord or Foxair to protect his airways. If he needs Allerway 5,  then you GP should write to the school instructing them to allow him to use this medication.