Question
Posted by: M | 2019/04/11

Burning tummy with blood in stools

Good day. I have burning in my tummy a lot and occasional heartburn. I have bursts of an upset tummy then nothing for days. when my tummy does go there is a lot of bright red blood. i have a weird bulge in my upper abdominal area. i am tired all the time and get nauseous a bit. The burning is the worst part. been happening for about 2 months now.

- 2019/04/16

It is possible that you have a stomach ulcer, although then there is usually not bright red blood in the stool, but darker blood - the blood changes colour when it moves from the stomach all the way down to the bottom if the gastrointestinal tract. The other possibility is that it might be inflammation of the stomach lining (gastritis) and piles in the rectum and anus. Either way, please go to the doctor as soon as possible, especially because the symptoms have been there for two months already. Good luck.