Question
Posted by: Mariska | 2018/05/23

Body painful after fall

Good day. My mother in law age 63 fell backwards 4 weeks ago and is in hospital since then. She is over weight. Had back operations before and on x-rays shows 2 broken ribs but it is a old fracture. She is in tremendous pain can't walk or sit. She has pins and needles in her legs. Also swollen ankles and feet. Have difficulty to breathe. Hospital want to send her for a 3 week rehabilitation to walk move and sit. But my question is... What could be wrong. Could she have internal injuries how can they diagnose internal injuries. She did x ray's and went in the 'tunnel ". But it only show the 2 old rib fractures. Please advise on how to found out what could be wrong. She is also half of the day on oxygen. Thank you. Mariska . 0824916888

Expert ImageHealthy Bones
- 2018/06/29

Hi Mariska

It is very difficult to try and make a diagnosis and I suggest you speak to her treating doctor about your concerns