Question
Posted by: | 2018/03/16

Blood in Phlegm

I am a 30 yr old female and after some rather harsh vomiting this evening, I noticed tiny specs of blood in my phlegm. My spit is clear, but if phlegm comes up it has small bits of blood in it. I have GERD, GAD which has evolved recently to health anxiety so you can imagine all the things I am worried about ... I am slightly reassured with the fact that I am not experiencing any pain, I only notice it when there is phlegm coughed up. I'm hoping it is nothing serious.

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2018/04/04

Any blood in the spit is abnormal and should be investigated.  At the least, you need to get a chest x-ray and see an appropriately qualified doctor to find out what the cause of the blood in the sputum is

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2018/06/11

I have bad post Basel drip chocking up phlegm with a little blood bub steady

Posted by: Anonymous | 2018/06/10

I have been coughing up blood & phlegm for 2weeks.I'm now waiting for my chest x-ray & other test which I had done last Monday.I already have COPD & this now is making me so very anxious