Question
Posted by: PN | 2020/02/19

Bleeding after inserting IUD

I have been using Depo Provera injection for a year, and my monthly periods had stopped completely. I changed and had a copper IUD inserted, and a week later I had started bleeding. The bleeding would be heavy, then becomes light to a point where it is only a bloody discharge, and increase again. This has bee going on for 3 weeks. I am due for a checkup on the 1st week of March. Should I be worried about the bleeding that doesn't stop?

- 2020/02/21

It may just be related to the injection wearing off. It should be fine to wait for your check-up on 1st March.