Question
Posted by: Help | 2018/06/21

Bad odour

Hi Doc. I am 33 weeks pregnant & have been treated recently for thrush and GBS. Doc prescribed antibiotic for GBS & metro gel & gyno daktarin for thrush. I told the doc the bad vaginal odour was still there and he retested, although GBS confirmed gone I am still experiencing a problem with the smell. i do not have any form of discharge & even prior to my pregnancy i have had this problem with the bad smell. i don't know what else to do/ use. what could be the issue and what can i do to get rid of this bad smell. Which is always worse after intercourse even after bathing/ showering. It is clean for that period after bathing but as soon as i use the toilet during the course of the day i am met with this smell all day long.

- 2018/06/24

You have had swabs taken which showed no infection. It seems then that the smell may be normal. Every woman has their own normal smell. The only other thing I can suggest is a pap smear to exclude problems with the cervix.