Question
Posted by: Nick | 2019/11/23

Bacterial infection and stomach not passing food

Hey guys. So Thursday night I ate something that got me sick. I got a slight fever and body aches. That is working itself out. But my stomach is still not passing food even 15 hours after consumption. I know this for sure because Friday morning I had to induce vomiting. Still going on. I definitely can go to a doctor but I'm not sure whether to go to a normal physician or a gastroenterologist. It is caused by bacterial infection I think

- 2019/11/25

Hi Nick
After a viral gastroenteritis your stomach can 'slow down', especially because you are a bit dehydrated and probably didn't eat that much. If you do not pass any wind either, then it is cause for concern, and I suggest that you go to your GP first, before going to a specialist. Good luck!