Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2019/07/22

Bacterial Vaginal Infection

Hi there. I used flagyl (5 tablets once off) and azithromycin (2 tablets once off) and I got an injection (apparently for STI - they didn't even test urine or blood) at the same time because of infection. I had to go to clinic as I can't afford dr's appointment. I was very shocked as I don't even have sex and haven't had for a few months. I did however get the yellow discharge and ammonia smell after having periods for more than a month. Before I went to clinic I firstly tried on my own.... I just used flagyl for 5 days (2 tablets per day) and then went to clinic afer that didn't work. I don't have discharge anymore but smell is still a little. Not that much anymore, but still a little after I showered evening and woke up morning... still bit of ammonia. How long does it take to go away or do I have to take meds now again? Please advise.

- 2019/07/29

If you don't have a discharge any more, I would think that the infection is treated. A smell on it's own could be normal. If you are concerned, then go to the clinic again for a  check.