Question
Posted by: Ansie | 2018/10/03

Back pain, jaw pain, fatigue and head aches

Dear Doc, I had an infection in my tooth 3 weeks ago and the dentist prescribed penicillin. Since then I acquired a back paid (horizontal just below my armpits). I also have a jaw muscle pain and headaches. Some afternoons I feel like I am going to faint but then I only start sweating profusely and feel weak. I am also considerably stressed. Could these symptoms be due to stress or more physical.

- 2018/10/03

Hi Ansie

It can be due to stress, but I am a bit worried that the stress could be affecting your heart (this can cause jaw pain and even pain in the back). Just to be safe, rather go for a blood pressure test as well as an ECG of the heart. Good luck and I hope that the cause of the stress will relieve soon.