Question
Posted by: Fibroids2011 | 2018/12/05

Fibroids shrinking

I was diagnosed with fibroids in 2011. Prior to that I had all the symptoms, backache, bloated, urinating frequently. In 2013 I tried to conceive without success, (as a result my fiance' left me) only then I started to try everything to fight them, like eating properly, go to Gynae ( who were selfish coz they did not even explain to me, what the causes of fibroids, they just told me to do hysterectomy, which I refused. long story to short, recently I see that my periods are very light, I do not even use pads, I only use panty liners for 5 days and is gone. I do not even have cramps. All the other symptoms are gone, even the bump seems as if its decreasing. I am 49 now, in 2011 I was 42. Do you think the fibroids are begining to shrink? Thank you in advance

- 2018/12/07

It sounds more like you may be approaching menopause. At menopause fibroids do sometimes shrink a  little.