Question
Posted by: Alin | 2018/05/08

Anxiety

I have always been a bit of a worry wart, but it never affected me or worried me like it does now. When I fell pregnant, i was worried constantly that something would go wrong; i was convinced that when my baby was born that all would be okay, because then I would be able to actually see her. Well after she was born, i am constantly worried about everything. Even things that i know is irrational. I have been having catastrophic thoughts and its usually triggered by reading something bad about children/parents in the news, watching programs (mostly health related) where kids/moms are ill. I also google whatever i read or watch and then it gets even worse. I start watching out for symptoms or i am hyper aware of my surroundings. I have this overwhelming fear that Im gonna lose my daughter or she is going to lose one or both of her parents( i lost my dad when i was 15) It goes as far obsessing over everything, for instance if i see a red spot or something on me or if she bumps herself(she's cruising furniture) At work I am overwhelmed with work(my employees arent very compromising and will overload a few employees with everything, while the other sit around doing nothing) I have noticed that sometimes it only happens at work that i get this warm feeling in my neck. Not painful, its just that its there. The last time this happened I was extremely frustrated and stressed out by a situation that transpired at work with my supervisor. This and a dizzy feeling, as if my head is too heavy. But these things only ever happen at work, when i go home it disappears. I dont want to self diagnose, and i cant really afford a therapist, but I am starting to think that I do have a bit of anxiety. My sister has anxiety and i know for a fact i have some social anxiety as I close up completely in social situations with strangers, or i start shaking and sweating when in any situation at work with my boss or in meetings. Please help me assess if it is necessary to make a plan to see someone

- 2018/05/24

Hello Alin,
Firstly, I'm sorry that someone, I don't know who, has caused needless delays in putting your question to me, so I can answer it. 
What you seem to be describing is an irrational degree of worry about realistic and unrealistic risks, and there could be several causes for this, including a possible PND (Post-Natal Depression ) or anxiety disorder, and there sound like elements of OCD, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, in which one worries fiercely about such things, and may even try to ward off the bad possibilities by little rituals you feel may help.
What's needed is a proper expert direct assessment, which could be gained by seeing a psychiatrist in private practice or at a provincial hospital or clinic, or medical school, or even a good GP ; and a discussion of your local treatment options, which may include medicines and special forms of counseling such as CBT.  Th god news is that though such conditions ( which often overlap ) can be so distressing, they usually clear up well with proper treatment.