Question
Posted by: Ann | 2019/04/15

Am I pregnant or have a hormonal imbalance?

I was intimate on 28th February and March 7th and got my period from 8th to 12tth March. However, i missed my period by 7 days today which has never happened to me before. I have had mild cramps/contractions on and off throughout the 7 days, acne breakouts more than usual, whitish pre-menstrual discharge, bloating and I feel gassy. I took a blood pregnancy test today 15th April and it says negative. could i still be pregnant? how accurate are blood tests? If i am not pregnant then I am also worried it may be a more serious issue like a hormonal imbalance. Please help. Note: I started taking burdock roots (tea) on 9th April.

- 2019/04/18

It sounds unlikely that you are pregnant, particularly with the negative pregnancy test. Changes in diet or exercise, and stress can cause delayed periods., but you are right that hormonal imbalance and  cysts can also cause it. The blood pregnancy test is very accurate.

If this is negative I would suggest that you see your doctor.