Posted by: the Girl | 2017/11/21

Am I being insecure

My boyfriend invited a girlfriend of his 14 year old daughter to our house to visit for a week she is on holiday. I am feeling very uncomfortable with this because he and this 14 year old girl message each other and he send her songs she wants him to download. They chat via WhatsApp. It irritates me because what does a 47 year old man wants with a 14 year old. He asks her for photos she told me but when I confronted him he says he asks for photos of her and her family. Since she arrived we have been fighting I am so unhappy but he says I am insecure and moody. He cheated on me about 1 year goo with his ex girlfriend age 40. I love him I don’t want this shit and drama...... am I just being pathetic........ I get the feeling he prefers younger girls and I am not that I am 49. I just want a blade normal relationship with out this nonsense. On his Instagram account he follows a few very young girls. Because I feel so insecure I asked him to change his WhatsApp profile photo to us but he refuses. He says he cheated on me when our profile photo was us. This insecurity is driving me so flipped crazy and I don’t know how to deal with this.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink
- 2017/11/22

Maybe you are being insecure, but apparently with good reason. You say he has cheated on you previously, though with a much older woman. But even if his relationship with this child of 14 is entirely non-sexual, it is undignified and unwise. Maybe he's showing off to her, and trying to impress her.
If he refuses to show a picture of him and his wife ( you ) in his social media, or to indicate that he is married ( does he reveal his age ? ) and has any links to very young girls,  this is indeed suspicious as regards his intentions.
I'm puzzled : why does it appear that HE proposed the girl come to stay with you, and you say nothing about your daughter's comments and wishes.
Above all, though, it does seem clear that there are very significant issues in the relationship between you and your husband, and you should be seeing a couples counsellor together, to see what can be mended.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.