Question
Posted by: Desi | 2016/07/29

Alcophyllex dangers

My daughter was coughing badly and I struggled to find where I had put her medication, since I just arrived home. A person said we should give my daughter 5ml alcophyllex. I said no because I don't know the name. They went and gave her anyway. She was deranged, screaming like she was in pain, crying for me and when I took her she would go crazy, and would want to be put down. She was confused, like she didn't know where she was. She. Is only 22months old. Could this medicine be dangerous.

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2019/09/13

I would not give any more Alcophyllex at this age.  If you had any more concerns about cough you should see your doctor.

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2017/04/19

My son is 6 months old and was given Alcophyllex yesterday. The doctor said i should give him 7.5ml 3 times in a day. Isn't it too much for a baby?

Posted by: Anon. | 2017/02/11

Alcophyllex may not be given to people under 2 years old!

Reply to Anon.
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/11/04

Could Alcophyllex Cough Syrup if you drink it everyday cause speech imparement ?

Posted by: Robbyn | 2016/10/21

As someone in the medical field, it would be a good idea to have your daughter checked for hypersensitivity to xanthine derivatives and porphyria (rare genetic mutation that may be triggered by some of the ingredients in Alcophyllex) While the drug may work for most individuals, rare allergies may present themselves in a vastly small proportion of people. It is also not recommended for children - that is why there is no dosage for children (to my knowledge). As always, consult a Doctor before administering any drug to your child, or to anyone for that matter.

Reply to Robbyn