Question
Posted by: Tee | 2019/01/24

Abdominal TB

After treating abdominal TB will I be able to conceive after the treatment and how long would it take? I am a woman aged 30, last year I was diagnosed with abdominal TB after a 21cm exploitery surgery was performed on me in Aug 2018, surgeons say it was bad when they opened me up but my uterus and ovaries were not that bad to remove them but the TB had affected them badly. This surgery was the only way after seeing what they said was a complexed cystirical mass on my right ovary. I have been on TB treatment for 6months now, 3 more to go. My question is, will I be able to conceive after the treatment and how long would it take. I am currently not on any contraceptives and having unprotected sex with my fiancé but not conceiving either, please help.

- 2019/01/25

If there was damage to the ovaries and tubes, you may not be able to conceive. You could have a blood test to check if you are ovulating and there are tests to check if the tubes are blocked or not.