Question
Posted by: | 2019/10/09

Acetaminophen Over Dosage

I took slightly over a 1800mg dose of acetaminophen yesterday and today I had a massive stomach ache. Will this go away over time or is there an issue with the dosage (which is 3x what I should have taken).

- 2019/10/14

The acetaminophen dosage was high and probably caused the stomach ache. Please just take the recommended dosage, especially because an overdose can damage the liver in the short and the long term. Do not use the medication for a week to two weeks. If you need analgesia for another reason, please talk to your doctor before taking any other medication. Good luck.