Question
Posted by: Juliana | 2019/07/12

About skin discoloration

Hi , i am writing to you to ask you about an issue.I am currently using a skin bleaching product to make my hyperpigmentation the same colour as the rest of my body which is light complexion.The product is starting to work now i am close to getting rid of the hyperpigmentation but i am afraid to stop since some people say that when you stop the darkness comes back.Can you advice me on what to do please ? Thank you in advance

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert
- 2020/01/26

Hi Juliana, thank you for the question.

My sincerest apologies for the long delay with my answer. Unfortunately, we had a technical/IT glitch and certain questions were not appearing on my side. This was recently sorted, and a number of questions have remained unanswered.

Your best option would e to stop the bleaching cream when you feel the colour has evened out and use a good sunscreen SPF 30 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide applied several times daily irrespective of the weather. If the marks start coming back, then you may have to use the bleaching cream again for a short period and repeat as necessary.

Please be careful with bleaching creams as they are often not regulated and contain ingredients that can cause permanent damage to the skin.

I hope the above has helped and my apologies once again for the delay.

Kind regards

Dr Alek Nikolic