Question
Posted by: Perplexed | 2005/12/02

94.7 Christmas Wish list

Anyone hear the christmas wish this morning? Touching...yeah...brought tears to my eyes as well.....however...

there are so many kids out there who are much younger who go through so much more and don't get a second thought! Not so long back The Star carried a story of three black boys who were orphaned. The eldest still in school had to take care of the younger two. After school he would work so he could feed his "family". Why don't they get the kind of help that Jackie go this morning. At least she has a job to feed her siblings, how about the black kids in the townships that don't get a recognition.

To be quite honest sounds like the wish list is more for the whites than any other race - haven't heard of other colours benefitting!!

OK, guys, lets not get uncharitable when discussing charity

12
Posted by: nadia hanekom | 2015/12/04

my hubby got a better job in 2009 so off we went to margate hired a house there and all was well in the mean time we hired the house out to tenants in jhb through an agency off course unfortunately they sub let the house and stopped paying rent after three years about 25 people lived in the hous we decided to come back the house was so vandalised and stripped naked we had to fix what we could we just got more and more in debt now we only have money to buy food next year my daughter wants to study further i feel like life is just not getting easier for us we are left with one million dedt excluding house renovation. iv asked god for help i no one day hell answer our prays. just keeping the faith!

Reply to nadia hanekom
Posted by: Greenish purplish with an orange hue | 2015/12/04

Here's MY Christmas wish for perplexed and others like him / her. Forgive them Lord they know not what they do.

Reply to Greenish purplish with an orange hue
Posted by: Greenish Purplish with an orange hue | 2015/12/04

You say the wish list is more for the whites ?? Before I can dignify your comment with a response I need to know - which planet did you say you're from ?

Reply to Greenish Purplish with an orange hue
Posted by: Andrea | 2015/12/02

Good Morning,My name is Andrea.This wish goes out to my mom.In January this year my mom had a stroke and with the stroke she had plenty of sezures and then had a bleeding anurism on her brain.She had a huge operation,we almost thought she is not going to make it.While beeing in ICU for a few months they had an air pipe in her throught,while working with the pipe in her throught they made a huge wole in her swallow pipe,leaving her unable to eat,she has lost so much weight(arriving @ the hospital,my mom weighed +- 65,when she came out hospital she weighed 33kg.My mom has,@ home tried gainning weight and now weighs 45kg)My mom has a pipe in her stomach for feeding,while waiting for them to fix their own problem,now they refuse to help her till she weighs 51kg.I feel sorry for my mom and it breaks my heart seeing her like this.I wish some one could help us so she can get the operation done in her throught,fix the pip to eat again and be the mother i used to know.If an Angel up in heaven can hear me please make my wish come true,0711695717.Please my mom has a lot to live for.She has children and gran chidren that Love her to bits,we cannot lose her.Please help her

Reply to Andrea
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/02

All races benefit from 94.7's charity drive... including the wish list... and yes, there are always people worse off than the next one... but the idea is that listeners write in and nominate someone... so it's bound to be those people who have had an impact on a particular listener's life that would get nominated... considering the demographics of the listenership of 94.7, I think it is possible to see a bit of a skew in terms of the racial aspect... so it is possible that the xmas wish list in particular might have more white beneficiaries than black.... it's also not necessarily to do with being poor... it's a WISH list for ANYONE!..

A guy, who isn't exactly poor is getting married, and his brotherwho is in ICU couldn't attend... so it's been organised for him to attend... this wasn't all about money... it was about arranging with medical staff etc to be able to make it happen.

There is nothing racist or sinister.... having money doesn't mean that you can't have a desire for something... and it doesn't make that desire worthless just because the person isn't poor!!!

Reply to ...
Posted by: So what | 2005/12/02

Dear Perplexed,

Get a life!!! It's negative people like you that prevents this country from moving forward. The swallows charity mentioned (whom 94.7 raised a huge amount of funds for) are there to assist people from rural areas suffering from HIV/AIDS who are destitute, wake up and smell the coffee!!

And by the way a BLACK man received a bicycle from the Xmas wish list, so there!!

Reply to So what
Posted by: ME | 2005/12/02

Perplexed, you idiot. As Pluto said, a black man got a bicycle that is worth almost R 20 000-00 from the Allan V Heerden bicycle Company.
This is 2005 going 2006. Has your brain got stuck at 1994 or what ?? I'm so sick and tired of the retarded people out there that still blame rasism for everthing. Who do you think are the people who have jobs streaming their way nowdays, huh?? The whites ?? You must be joking.

Reply to ME
Posted by: Pluto | 2005/12/02

The Christmas wish just before the one you spoke about was for a black man that was struggling to save for a bicycle and they granted that one as well.

Reply to Pluto
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/02

hi there

why do you always see the cup at half empty
sure there is always people who are more in need
but don't blame the 94.7 wish list they are only trying to help one person at a time - rather be glad with those who got something special than complaining about those who didn't

how much of your salary do you give every month to support that family ????

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: VM | 2005/12/02

A lot of charity's are benefitting from this initiative, I am sure that they service those communities, at least they are making a difference in needy people's lives, they are only able to answer those that submit their wish list. Also, remember that 94.7 isn't broadcast all over the country either.

They are doing so much, but somehow it is never enough, there will always be someone more poor and destitute than the other untill we ALL pull up our sleevs and get our hands dirty. Only then can we reach the masses.

I can see that you feel strongly about this, are you doing anything to help at the moment?

Reply to VM
Posted by: Perplexed | 2005/12/02

I'm not knocking anyone...just saying why don't more deserving individuals benefit...its most those that have technology to get their wishes through that will benefit...what about those in rural areas with no technology???

Reply to Perplexed
Posted by: VM | 2005/12/02

They dont go looking for the stories, people write in with their Christmas Wish List. I think everyone who has recieved stuff so far has indeed been very derserving.

You say only whites have benefitted? What about Sparrows? The big sms drive, and the tens of thousands donated by Nedbank and Vodacom and others?

The charity is for those both infected and affected by the HIV/Aids virus.

Rather get your facts straight before knocking a wonderfull, heartwarming and generous initiative.

Reply to VM