Question
Posted by: Mom | 2004/11/16

9 years old son wants see Mum & Dad having sex

Hi Expert:
My son wants 2 see my husband & i having sex.What should i do?I have not yet told my husband about this!

Expert ImageTeen expert

whilst it is important that your son is given the facts about sex, given that he is asking questions, however, it would not be appropriate for him to watch you and your husband. How are you feeling about him asking this?

What your son needs to be made aware of is that there are certain things about his parents relationship that are private and that this is most certainly one of those things.

There is plenty of literature available to teach children about sex, and as parents it is great if you feel able to answer his questions. As part of this you can also teach him about sex and privacy, so that he understands the inappropriateness of his question to you

6
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/11/22

Allowing him to watch you having sex equals child abuse.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: DD | 2004/11/17

i think it's quite sad that today's kids know so much about sex these days...

Reply to DD
Posted by: Mum | 2004/11/17

yes, he told me.Like other adults have been telling me, he may have got this idea from school.People are telling me he may be curious so i should just explain to him about sex & that its private.

Reply to Mum
Posted by: DD | 2004/11/17

Did he TELL you this? How does he even know that you guys have sex? Weird behaviour for a 9-year-old...

Reply to DD
Posted by: Mandy | 2004/11/17

No way, no can do! Have you discussed sex with him yet? If not, I would suggest that you do it ASAP. At his age it's already a daily topic of conversation between the boys, maybe he's just curious.

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: Adam | 2004/11/17

hmm bit of a sensative issue maybe explain to him its some hting adults do in private and he will learn most of it at school like all about whgat sex is from his friends, and ja all the best i dont kno what els to say.

:-)

Reply to Adam