Question
Posted by: Liz | 2006/07/24

9 year old can stand certain fabrics

My 9 year old daughter can not stand the feel of certain fabrics. It totally irritated her, certain pajamas, etc. She might like it when I buy it I try to wash it in stay soft, etc, but it is a kind of irritation.
The reason that I don't think or just laught it off is that I had the similar condition when I was her age. I always wanted to lick my fingertips or wet it to avoid some material, as I could remember back it was for some sort of linen (winter Material).

Expert ImageArchive

Nylon, polyester and wool may irritate the skin of some patients. Most of these patients are atopic. That is they have asthma/hay fever/eczema or a family history thereof. You are 100% right-it is a form of irritation. Cotton on skin will certainly alleviate the irritation.