Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2004/02/11

9 wks pregnant, problem skin & other concerns for baby

I am 9 wks pregnant & so far so good. I have had the odd scare i.e spotting but all seems well so far. I am just concerned at the moment because my skin on my face seems to have flared up with acne. I always thought that whilst you were pregnant your skin glowed!!!!! I am not sure what to take at this stage as I would prefer not to take any tablets. I am also drinking 6-8 glasses of water but that seems not to help either. Please can you suggest something.

I also wanted to know when is it recommended to start drinking formance. I experianced so many problems in conceiving this precious bundle that I don't want to anything to jeopodise the situation.

Is it also normal for the morning sickness to come & go? Should I be worried if I feel OK?

Acne does sometimes occur in pregnancy, and you are right that the usual medications cannot be used in pregnancy. Other than using lotions, you will probably have to live with the acne for for now.
I am not sure what 'formance' is but a good vitamin supplement such as Pregnavit M is a good idea.
Morning sickness can come and go and many women do not experience it at all. If you feel okay, you are one of the lucky ones.

4
Posted by: Lisa | 2004/02/11

Thanks to everyone for their comments and response. I am currently on Staminogro so I think I am doing well on the vitimin side. It is just great to know that I am not alone with my problems as I currently feel very isolated due to the fact that we haven't told many people particulary my work that I am pregnant. Thanks agian amd all the best on your pregnancies too.

Reply to Lisa
Posted by: www | 2004/02/11

Some people are very lucky, in that their skin is perfect, their hair becomes thick and healthy and they generally look "glowy". Other people have quite the opposite. Apparently if you normally have good skin, it turns bad while you're preganant, and if you've normally got problem-skin, you have perfect skin while you're pregnant. But I don't know if that is always the case - I just know that most people vary between these extremes.

As far as morning sickness goes - I never had a day of morning-sickness with either one of my 2 pregnancies and had 2 healthy babies. So if you DON'T have it, don't stress, just be glad that you're not suffering through weeks and months of feeling horrible.

You can take Pregnavit M from the beginning of your pregnancy. It contains Folic Acid as well as all the other nutrients and vitamins that you need to stay healthy yourself and nurture a healthy baby. Make sure with your gynae if you are at all unsure.

Reply to www
Posted by: d | 2004/02/11

Hi Lisa
I am 33 weeks pregnant and my skin has also gone terrible. Pimples galore. So you are not alone and it doesn't really matter does it, the end result is worth it!

Reply to d
Posted by: Norma | 2004/02/11

Hi Lisa,

Well congrats !!!!!!!
I'm 16weeks pregnant with my first child, and I also thought that when your pregnant your hair will shine and your skin will be nice and clear, no pimples........ Well, welcome to the real world of being pregnant. I never had a problem with my skin, but since pregnant I do.... I wouldn't say a big problem but I do have pimples and I hate it. I'm not taking anything for it, just use my normal face-stuff and hope it will clear soon.

As for my hair, well it's better now, but that first trimester it didn't have any shine or body, I wanted to cut it, but my hairdresser said I must give it some time, glad I did.

The one thing you should be taking is your follic accid, your doc will tell your when to start with the vitamines.

Good luck and don't worry to much, our babies is strong, hope you feel better soon.

Reply to Norma