Question
Posted by: Kate | 2004/02/17

#9 days without food

Is it possible for me to go 39 days on only water and crystal light?? What are the chances I could die from this??

Dear Kate
Please don't subject your body to this type of starvation. You could get seriously ill and damage your health. I would strongly urge you NOT to fast like this for such a long time. If you are contemplating this drastic step to lose weight, then rather use a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy), and combine it with regular exercise (brisk walking, running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming).
Take great care

1
Posted by: Nutrition Nut | 2004/02/18

The answers are short: yes, it's possible, and pretty good indeed.

It's a BAD idea to do this sort of fasting. It leads to kidney failure and all sorts of potentially fatal effects.

Extremely spiritually advanced people apparently can slow down their metabolism and drop their core body temperature, hence they survive long fasts.

If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be considering such a dangerous action.

Reply to Nutrition Nut