Question
Posted by: Need advise | 2008/01/29

8 wks - stomach cramps and bloatedness

I am currently about 8 weeks pregnant and very excited about the road ahead. I just need some adivse, I have been having stomach cramps and bloatedness for the last 3 weeks. I have also been suffering from nausea and headaches and my whole digestive system feels out of sync. I'm going for my first scan in 2 weeks time, would it be okay to wait untill then to discuss this with my gynae, or should I go for an earlier appointment?

Another query, it feels like my body is retaining a lot of water, I feel very swollen, is this also normal?

Thank You

All of this is quite normal.

2
Posted by: Need advise | 2008/02/01

Thank you very much for the replies, I feel much better now!!I am just so excited, I don't want anything to go wrong!!!

Reply to Need advise
Posted by: Nix | 2008/01/29

It's all part in parcel of being pregnant. Congrats! With the swelling, being pregnant, one should drink up to 3L of water a day, that will help your body get rid of unwanted fluid and also keep it healthy. also try stay away from salty food as salt also retains water. good luck.

Reply to Nix