Question
Posted by: worried | 2004/02/24

8 weeks and running tummy

please help me I'm worried i have a running tummy/diarrehea and I'm 8 weeks pregnant. is this normal, should I go to see the gynae?

A runny tummy is not a normal symptom of pregnancy. You may have a tummy bug or you may have eaten something that did not agree with you. the important thing here is to stay well hydrated and to keep any fever down. See your GP if you are not sure.

1
Posted by: www | 2004/02/24

I don't think that the runny tummy would have directly anything to do with your pregnancy, but it could affect it negatively if it gets really bad, for example if you start dehydrating. If I were you, then I'd go and see at least my GP to try and get it under control and if your GP feels that the gynae should be consulted, then by all means do so - don't take any chances and don't.

Reply to www