Question
Posted by: Carien | 2004/10/19

8 glases of water per dahy

Hello Diet Doc

I find it easier to drink my 8 glases of water from when I wake up, one glass every half hour, rather than during the course of the day. This way I don't get busy and forget to drink water. This forces me to drinkl 8 glases by 09:00. Will I get the same benefit or is it better to spread it out during the day?

Carien

Dear Carien
Please stop drinking so much water. You will wash important minerals out of your body (calcium, magnesium potassium, sodium) and develop electrolyte imbalances. You only need to drink 2-3 glasses of water a day in addition to the other liquids you ingest. Some people even develop so-called 'water intoxication' if they overdo their water intake. Moderation is the key. If you do drink a few additional glasses of water during the day it is better to have them spaced out over the day and have the last one before you go to sleep. Drinking the water is one enormous flood like that defeats the object of ensuring that your body is hydrated all day and night.
Take care