Question
Posted by: me | 2003/02/03

7year old's foreskin

By what age should an unsircumsized boy be able to pull his foreskin back completely?
I encourage him to pull it back every day and it can go over the head of his penis (involuntarily), but finds it quite sore. Is this ok? He has now discovered that his penis goes stiff when he plays with it and encourage him to slowly stretch the foreskin when this happens, by gently pulling it back. I am a single mom with no male around to show him things...whatever they may be... Any advice?

Me, most boys will be able to move the foreskin over the glans by the time they go to primary school, but we don’t intervene surgically before they reach puberty. This is of course assuming that there are no problems like recurrent infections. Good luck.