Question
Posted by: Worried Sick | 2005/12/06

7.5 year old son

I have noticed that lately my 7.5yr old son has been looking at pictures of girls in magazine adverts. He particularly likes the ones dressed skimpily or the ones dresses in bikinis. He thinks that girls who keep their hair short are ugly while the one who keep long hair are beautiful. Yesterday, I went back to the house unexpectedly and found him looking at my panties!! Is this something normal with boys when they are growing up at this age or is this a bad sign?? Please give me some advise I am besides myself with worry.

It happens, and it isn;t a particularly bad sign. But it may indicate that it is high time to start to talks about sex and human relationships, so he can understand what may be going on, talking at his level of understanding.
Yellow makes the vital point that one of the most urgent aspects of the first discussion needs to be about appropriate boundaries. and issues of privacy.

3
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/06

hi girl

the time is now right for you to talk to him about the facts of life, use this window of opportunity wisely

firstly you have to be confidant when talking to him
the big lesson that he needs to learn is respect - respect for himself, others and peoples personal space

make this talk something special and beautiful and not something either of you feel uncomortable about

enjoy

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Yellow | 2005/12/06

If he is looking at pictures and you nickers I suggest you sit him down and start explaining boundaries to him. In other words what is acceptable behaviour, and that your knickers are private and out of bounds. It is a bendy educational thing ... learning curve - for both of you. Have fun! Keep it light but let him know what his responsibilities are towards woman and girls. I have three boys aged 15, 10 and 9 and they get so much crap info on TV and from friends, so I spend time finding out their feelings and explaining their responsibilities. Dont make him feel ashamed! Just keep a sense of humour about it.

Reply to Yellow
Posted by: ???????????? | 2005/12/06

Great sign - 2 reasons.
1. Definitely not gay
2. Knows what he wants in life.

Reply to ????????????