Question
Posted by: JCD | 2004/01/07

7 WEEKS PREGNANT & IN ALOT OF PAIN

Hi, i fell pregnant after 3 months of trying & hubby & i are so happy, and my 3yr old son as well. My last period started on the 20th Nov so i think that makes me 7 weeks tomorrow, i am in alot of pain(like period pains) and i have a loose tummy, i am very concerned as i am in alot of pain but there is no bleeding. please help, is there anything i can take to help.

Some cramps are normal and are due to stretching of the ligaments aas the uterus grows. However, if the pain is excessive you should see your gynaecologist. An ectopic pregnancy is possible, or sometimes a bladder infection.

3
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/08

Thanks! You too! And hope your tummy feels better.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: JCD | 2004/01/08

THANKS HELPS TO KNOW ITS NORMAL. WE FOUND OUT ON CHRISTMAS DAY THAT I WAS PREGNANT(DID A HOME GPREG TEST). SO THIS IS OUR LITTLE CHRISTMAS GIFT FROM GOD. HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL WITH YOU.

Reply to JCD
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/07

You can only take Panado for pain. There is a tummy bug going around, I have had it for 5 days now and the doctor prescribed Pectrolyte, interflora and lots of water.

The period-like pains are normal in early pregnancy. If you don't have any bleeding you are probably okay. Your baby too! It doesn't sound like an ectopic pregnancy to me but like you have normal early pregnancy cramps and the tummy bug.

Take it easy. Pectrolyte has helped me. I am currently 31 weeks preggy.

Best of luck!

Reply to Kate