Question
Posted by: Meg | 2004/11/08

7 weeks, 4 days

Hi Everyone,

I am now 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I had a miscarriage about a year ago between 7 and 8 weeks. My nerves are shot and although I know that stressing does not help the situation. I am unable to stop worrying about it. I do not have morning sickness, my breasts are slightly tender but nothing serious and otherwise I feel perfectly fine. I have seen my gynae on a weekly basis since 5 weeks and so far he is happy with my progress. This is an IVF pregnancy and is being monitored very closely due to my previous miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy. I will be seeing the gynae again on Thursday -which is not too long away but I think I am going to make myself nuts at this rate. What can I do to ease my mind?

Enjoy your day.
Meg

You probably won't find it easy not to worry till later in the pregnancy. Yoga and breathing exercises may help.

2
Posted by: PG Lady | 2004/11/10

I have had 2 miscarriages as well one at 8 weeks one at 10 weeks and this is my third pregnancy, currently at 20w5d and i am still not relaxed - there are no guarantees and anything can go wrong at any time so you could drive yourself mad worrying about it. But try and relax - deep breathing will help coz stress is NOT good for you both - some things we just have no control over and hard as it is to accept that it's out of our hands on this one! Hang in there!!

Reply to PG Lady
Posted by: Popi | 2004/11/08

As u said :streesing won`t help the situation.You need to relax and take it easy ,things will work out.In 1997 I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks.In 1998 I had a stillborn at 7 months,In 2000 I had a premature at 8 months but the baby died few hours later,and finally in 2002 God answered my prayers and blessed me with a precious baby boy ,he is well and healty.he`s 2 years now.All u need to do is to keep the faith.

Luv
Popi

Reply to Popi