Question
Posted by: paula | 2004/01/28

7 months pregnant and lasik

i read that one cannot do a lazer surgery (LASIK) for the eyes if you are pregnant. is it possible that i can do the lasik a month after giving birth?

i am shortsighted and have been wearing glasses for the past 9 years. my eyesight is on -7 at present. i am tired of depending on glasses all the time and would like to have the lazer. i once tried the contact lenses but they didnt help, instead i got infection and my eyes were red and itchy.

Paula, the best would be to wait until at least 3-6 months after pregnancy to make sure everything has settled back to normal. Good luck.