Question
Posted by: Ma | 2005/11/21

6year old has Bladder Infection

Mt duaghter of 6.5years has bladder infection as diagonsed by my GP. He sent away a sample of her urine to be tested as he said it is very un-natural for a little girl of her age to have bladder infection. What could the cause be? Please advice urgently, I am going off my head of worry. Thanks

I agree with Nini. It is not that uncommon.

2
Posted by: e | 2005/11/22

little girls are just as curious about their bodies as little boys are.. she could be scratching her bottom ( due to itchiness of worms which is common with children) then touching her vagina straight afterwards, therefore transferring the e.coli bacteria which causes bladder infections... bring this up with your doctor..........

Reply to e
Posted by: nini | 2005/11/21

To ease your worry i know that 8month old escpecially girls can or could have bladder infection, toddlers of 2 have them, its possible not unusual at all so i dnt think you need to worry so much, just be happy that your doctor is overly cautious and send away the cultre that is good so that they know how to treat it - probably anti biotics, let her drink lots of cranberry 1000% juice maybe dilute with water if its too sweet for her, and lots of water, about 3 cups more than she normally has, this will flush her bladder out nicely. Good luck.

Reply to nini