Question
Posted by: LORINDA POLATI | 2008/01/25

6 year old - walking with stiff leg

My son is 6 and is walking with a stiff leg. He can't run with that leg but can bend it. We took x-rays of his hips and there was a slite rough edge on the hip joint, but not enough for Dr. to make a diagnosis. He thinks it's Perths? Can it have something to do with his nervous system that doesn't want to send out the signal from his brain to his leg? I am very worried because nobody seems to find anything and he is not walking normal like other kids. He is very self-concious. He crawled & walked normal as a baby uptil 6 months ago. Please help me help my son.

Dear Lorinda Polati

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you consult a Orthropeadic Surgeon, in order to have a MRI of your son's hips done. This will shed more light on what the possible diagnosis can be. This is the best way to go, as there are a multitude of reasons for your son's walking problem. I doubt that it has anything to do with his nervous system.

Kind regards