Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2008/01/18

6-Year Old Injured Rib

At kindergarden yesterday the swing slambed against my 6-year old son’s ribs. He is now complaining about a pain in his chest and that its’s sore when he is breathing. His chest looks swollen to me. Must I rather taken him to my GP to check on him. It is possible that he could have frachtured his rib? How can this be treated. Can I give him any panado to ease the pain?

Dear Mickey

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You should take your son to your GP, to have a chest x-ray done. Unfortunately, there is no treatment for a broken rib, as it resolves by itself. Please go ahead and give your child panado for the pain.

Kind regards