Question
Posted by: Bambi | 2010/11/19

6 weeks pregnant

I am 37, and 6 weeks pregnant, was at my Dr week ago en positive results. The only symptom I have is that I am picking up weight rapidly. If I already struggeling to fit in my clothes, how will I look in another six weeks time? I also want to know, can you have a miscaraige without any blood or spotting ( how will you know if you are still pregnant) if there is not much symptoms of pregancy?

I would suggest that you start watching your diet. It can sometimes happen that the baby dies without any bleeding. There is no way of knowing this unless you have a scan.

3
Posted by: A Mom | 2010/11/22

Don''t worry, I didn''t have any symptoms either, now I am 8 weeks (same age as you), and can''t stop vomiting ... perhaps your symptoms will start later, but if your blood test is positive, and you look after yourself (and don''t eat for 2, just eat healthy) then when you go for your next check-up, you will see your baby, and see that everything is fine.

Reply to A Mom

Posted by: Purple | 2010/11/19

The symptoms start at about 6 - 8 weeks so they are still coming.

Buy yourself the book " what to expect when you are expecting"  which answers all these types of questions. It''s written in a month by month question and answer format.

If you aren''t bleeding, everything is just fine - but it is also quite normal to have this concern.

Your breasts could start getting quite tender, increasing in size and your nipples and areola will darken and enlarge and the little bumps on them will become more prominent and your breasts will start to develop blue and pink veins.

You might get some nausesa. keeping your tummy full by eating small meals regularly and having marie biscuits on hand, sipping water and using ginger will help with this. If you vomit more than once or twice a day and doing these things doesn''t help phone your gynae as s/he will probably put you on something to prevent dehydration.

you will start to urinate more frequently.

That''s about it and these symptoms go away at about 12 weeks and then you really don''t feel pregnant until baby starts movng and you start showing visibly to others (you go through a long patch when you are too big for regular clothes and too small for maternity clothes - buy clothes in one size bigger than usual as you will use them for about 2 months in pregnancy and about 5 or 6 months after baby is born (you stay in maternity clothes for at least 2 or 3 weeks after baby is born, then in the big size for a while, and then you get back to normal again).

Reply to Purple