Question
Posted by: Worried Husband | 2007/05/02

6 weeks after birth wife still bleeding

My wife gave birth 6 weeks ago, the bleeding has not yet stopped and seems to be getting more severe. Is there any medication that can be taken to assist, or any advise?

Is this normal? How long can it be expected to continue?

This is not normal. She should see her doctor to determine what is wrong.

1
Posted by: k | 2007/05/03

Bleeding after a pregnancy is normal. I bled for min. 6 weeks, but it should be getting lighter. If it gets really heavy, and with clots, i recommend she go back and see her gynae, although she should be going for her 6 week checkup now, at 6 weeks anyway, and i am sure the doc will advise her.

Reply to k