Question
Posted by: Ness | 2007/12/10

6 truths of life:

1) You cannot touch all of your teeth with your tongue.

2) All idiots, after reading the first truth, try it.

3) The first truth is a lie.

4) You're smiling now cause you are a idiot.

5) You will soon forward this to another idiot.

6) There’s still a stupid smile on your face.

Reminds me, somehow, of Billy Connolly's famous comment that you can never trust a man who, left alone with a tea cos, doesn't try it on.
Pleased to hear the Laundry Therapty worked
Pleased, too, to hear the puppies are doing well. Megamoggy isn't well at all. Disappeared for a few days, and returned with some signs of having been fighting ( not unusual ) but also sick as thouigh poisoned by someone, though he has begun eating again quite well, although still retching. But he's lost his voice ! He seems puzzled by the inability to Miaow audibly, but mimes it, looking surprised to find it silent

13
Posted by: Ness | 2007/12/10

Hi Hope

all is so well, the puppies are gorgeous, they try attack me but they have no teeth. They growl and pounce but they end up just falling over cause they are wagging their tails too much and it throws them off balance.... too cute

xxxx

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Holley | 2007/12/10

Boring, this is not an entertainment forum!

Reply to Holley
Posted by: boring | 2007/12/10

what a boring read - are you guys old by any chance? you certainly sound old and boring!

Reply to boring
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/12/10

Hi again Ness, How are the pups? When I was about 9 our dog had 18 pup's, couldn't wait to get home from school. I would lie on the garage floor, they would tackle my hair, playing tug of war, growling away. I loved playing with them so much. Parents apparently found homes for all of them.

As for the date, what a waste of your time. I think being an older mans darling is the best.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Ness | 2007/12/10

LOL thanks John, but honestly its fine. Was happy to go home to the puppies....

Reply to Ness
Posted by: John | 2007/12/10

Sorry to hear that the date was such a waste. I don't get why he would look at anybody else when he had you across the table. Idiot.

Reply to John
Posted by: Ness | 2007/12/10

Hello, blind date was over by 8, he spent the entire night looking at other women... I went home

Reply to Ness
Posted by: anon | 2007/12/10

Hi Ness, Hope and Maria,

The whole self nurturing is not being selfish but rather an essential part of our well being. We have to put ourselves first when it comes to being well and taking care of, etc. If we are not ok or good within ourselves how on earth can we help and share with oters. You can't share what you don't have. So it does begin with ourselves, just like charity begins at home. Think that the way we have been programmed as children and through society is, if we take care of ourselves, its seen as being selfish, self indulgent, egotisical, nasty etc. when in fact its not that at all.

We have to throw guilt out of the window and see everything in a different way, perspective.

When one is too self consumed, yes it does help to do some sort of volunteer work or some act of kindness to someone else less fortunate, but it should be balanced. We, as women probably tend to give more than we receive because we are always taking care of others, be it children, husbands/aging parents, etc.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/10

Hope*, my psychologist told me one day that to just give, give, give to others is like putting petrol in your car once and then expecting it to keep going indefinitely. You need to also take time to do things that "fills up your own tank", physically and emotionally. This went a long way towards dealing with my own guilt about time and money spent on myself vs. other people.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/12/10

Hi Maria, Shrink sorted me out, just very shaky and tired. Shrink says I must stop spending my life serving others and look after myself. That's a bit hard to do.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/10

Heehee Ness. How was the blind date?

How are you doing Hope*?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Ness | 2007/12/10

All is very well thanks. Spent the entire weekend doing laundry! But it was very relaxing given my long week. Can't believe you never tried the teeth, I'm still smiling :-)

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/12/10

Hi Ness, sorry I missed you on Friday. Just popped in today to see how you are and if you are posting. BTW, I did not try the first truth!

Reply to Hope*