Question
Posted by: Bebeto | 2007/05/17

5BX

Hi Doc.
Have you ever come across the fitness programme called 5BX??
I hear it was really popular in the 60's and it was developed by the military(I think US).
I've been trying it for a few weeks, but I really need to find out about any negative effects that can result from doing this programme.

Hi Bebeto

I haven't, I'm afraid. Any further information on it. As long as it's exercise based and you feel that you are responding to it, I see no reason why you would want to change it. I think that the only negative effects, provided there are no supplements or strange diet things going on, would be injury as a result of overdoing it or doing an exercise incorrectly. But that's often not a fault with the programme itself, it's more likely to be due to the level of the programme relative to your fitness. So it's important that you are monitoring your progress and how your body is responding to the training, in order to assess whether change is needed. I'd comment specifically, but I don't know enough.