Question
Posted by: Luzelle | 2005/12/09

5 Years & no Baby - Follow up

Dr, thank you for the reply. When my husband was tested our doctor told us he had about 48% slow & immature sperm. He has had about 3 tests done but now fully refuses to go for another because of the way the personnel treat these cases. They are not subtle or tactful and basically announce to the whole waiting room what he has come to do, he has to use public toilets etc. With the results as mentioned above, do you still think IVF is our only option? I must say that Stamino-Gro has done wonders for my libido and my husband could not be happier because after all these years of trying we are enjoying each other more and not just "working at it".

Dear Luzelle

If the result posted is correct, ie 48% slow and immature sperm, then this is by no means a major issue.The currently accepted WHO and Strict Rygerberg Criteria allows for at least 85% abnormal sperm to be classified as normal. This implies that a man only needs to have a normal sperm morphology of 15% to be able to conceive naturally. I would certainly like to review the sperm results in detail and perhaps you could copy it in detail and post it so that I could be of further assitance.