Question
Posted by: Luzelle | 2005/11/25

5 Years and no Baby!

Dear Dr Cassim

My husband (34) & I (31) have been trying for 5 years and have gone through ALL the medthods & emotions possible. My gynae says there's nothing wrong with my cycles, ovulation etc. My husband has been tested twice and has slow & immature sperm. He is currently trying Sperm Aid and I'm taking Stamino Grow and Spirulina. Should we try anything else to supplement our fertility? Our very last option is IVF but we would very much like to conceive naturally and hopefully safe some money.

dear Luzelle

Unfortunately, without the actual figures of the spermiogram available to me I am unable to give you a very accurate opinion as to whether natural conception is at all possible . There is no harm done in using Stamina Gro, Spirulina and sperm aid. However, if the sperm parameters are extremely poor, then these supplements will make very little difference and the inevitable treatment of IVF may become necessary.

1
Posted by: Luzelle | 2005/12/07

Dr, thank you for the reply. When my husband was tested our doctor told us he had about 48% slow & immature sperm. He has had about 3 tests done but now fully refuses to go for another because of the way they treat men at the labs when they go for these tests. He feels humiliated/embarrased by the way the personnel treat these cases. They are not subtle or tactful and basically announce to the whole waiting room what he has come to do, have no private facilities etc. With the results as mentioned above, do you still think IVF is our only option? I must say that Stamino-Gro has done wonders for my libido and my husband could not be happier because after all these years of trying it we are enjoying each other more and not just "working at it".

Reply to Luzelle