Question
Posted by: mari | 2004/10/27

5 weeks pregnant not showing on scan

I´m 5 weeks pregnant, and a bit more according to the -first day of last period. but I went to the dr. after I receved my positive blood results and he send me for a scan....but nothing showed. the person that did the vaginal scan did not see anything! What now? We´ve been trying a long time to be pregnant and are very excited, but this "no show" made me a bit dissapointed..is there anything wrong..?

It is most likely that it was just too early to see the fetus. You should repeat the scan in a week.

4
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/28

Folic acid can be taken any time of the day or night. Just make sure you take your folic acid every day.

Reply to Francis
Posted by: Blue | 2004/10/27

I'm 6 weeks pregnant today. I went to my gynae on Monday (5 and half weeks). We could see the sac and the baby inside bit no heart beat yet. He said it's too early to see a heart beat.

I went to another pregnancy site and asked a question about not seeing a heartbeat and all of them said they saw their first heart beat above 7 weeks. Some people said at 5 weeks the saw an empty sac -no baby and everything turned outfine.

if you want to see other people's scan at 5 weeks go to childbirth dot org. There are some with just a sac -not baby.

Makean appointment for around 2 weeks time. I know it's difficult to wait but we don't have much of a choce. My appointment is for the 08/11. Good luck

Reply to Blue
Posted by: mari | 2004/10/27

thank you!!!!!
can you take the folic acid any time during the day or is there a preferred time?

Reply to mari
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/27

Don't panic, they can only pick up something around 6 weeks. Rather wait another week or two and go back. The doctor normally want to see you at around 7 weeks because then He/She can see the heart etc.

Try to relax and make an appointment in 2 weeks (then you will be 7 weeks).

Ps. TAKE YOUR FOLIC ACID PLEASE

Reply to Francis