Question
Posted by: JJ | 2004/10/27

5 weeks pregnant

I can only see my gynae for the first time when I am 11 weeks as she is fully booked until then will this be alright as I am so scared - I have not gone for a blood test I did four HPT and they were all positive.

Will it be alright or should I trya nd see another gynae until then?

Unless you have any medical conditions or have had previous pregnancy problems, this should be okay. You could see your GP meanwhile.

4
Posted by: zinzizo | 2004/10/28

JJ, I went to my 6 weeks 6 day scan and we could see the heart beart, im so happy.

Reply to zinzizo
Posted by: JJ | 2004/10/27

Thank you both for your input. Blue pls let me know how your scan goes when you are 7.5 weeks.

Reply to JJ
Posted by: Blue | 2004/10/27

I'm also 5 weeks pregnant - oh it's 6 weeks today. I don't think I'd be able to wait till 11 weeks if I were in your shoes. It's way too far. I think if you can see somebody else that can confirm that the baby is in the right place and also the heart beat is there. As Francis said 7-8 weeks is ideal.

My Dr. will see me at 7.5 weeks.

Reply to Blue
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/27

First Congrats.

Yes, if I am you I would book an appointment with another gynae at around 7 - 8 weeks and move your normal doctor one to 12 weeks.

Don't wait till 11 weeks, cause they first need to see that the baby is developing accoring to your LMP and that there are a heartbeat.

Reply to Francis