Posted by: belle | 2008/07/28

5 weeks

hi gynae , i went for a scan this weekend and all the doc saw was a white spot... is this normal.. there was no heart beat yet ... doc wants me to come back in a months time

At 5 weeks it is usually too early to see the heartbeat.

Posted by: mB1 | 2008/07/29

Yes it' s normal as the baby (embrio/fetus) are still microscopic you will only start seeing a maybe heartbeat at 7 weeks. I went for my first san at 7 weeks and it was rather difficult to see the heart. After a long struggle we finally saw it. It was the most amazing experience. Maybe wait till you are 8 weeks to play it safe and then go for the scan. Then you will see more off baby and it will be less stressful for you after you have seen the heart beat. In the meantime relax and enjoy

Reply to mB1